A poll from Axios-Ipsos found nearly a third of American adults said their emotional well being had gotten worse because of the coronavirus pandemic. Below is a list of resources to help deal with stress and anxiety.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Disaster Distress Hotline: Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: For immediate help, if you are in a crisis, call the toll-free National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls are confidential.
Dr. Lisa Damour: 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus |
Interviews with the experts
- Surgeon General Jerome Adams:
- White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx: